So while we've been up for almost five months, things aren't quite as busy as they were over on Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve - at least back in the day. Way back in 2011, Peja and I put together a contest that ran monthly, and I'm thinking about starting it up again. What do you think?
The original contest information is here: https://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/contest.php
And if you're interested, here's how it would work:
1) On the first of the month, a script would run. It would pull:
a. One random story that was posted the previous month
b. One random comment (not a kudos, but an actual comment)
2) Entrants are vetted for validity. Validity just means it's an actual story and not some spam story/comment.
3) Vetted winners would be notified via the email address on their profile, as well as posted to a news story here.
4) Winners have up until the first of the following month to claim their prize.
5) Prizes are a $10 gift certificate to Amazon, Apple, or (possibly) Google Play if interest is there.
Winners would be:
One person whose story was posted the previous month
One person who made a comment the previous month
The author of the story where the comment was made